Travel grants and fee waivers
[APPLICATIONS FOR TRAVEL GRANTS ARE NOW CLOSED]
[WAIVER APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN]
At ISSABC we strongly advocate for providing animal behaviour students from all backgrounds with the opportunity of attending events that will enable them to share their research and connect with other animal behaviour students around the globe.
We recognise that funding opportunities differ radically between institutions and backgrounds. Because of this, we maintain our registration fees to a minimum. In addition, we are offering full and partial fee waivers to students who could not afford to attend the conference otherwise.
We are also working hard to offer travel grants that would cover the costs of travelling to attend the conference.
Since we are a volunteer group of students and do not have institutional funding support we have very limited funds for this. Therefore, we will give priority to students who:
- Submitted an abstract and will be presenting at the conference.
- Do not have institutional or group funding that will cover otherwise.
- Are from regions with fewer opportunities to network with other animal behaviour researchers.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm to connect, create collaborations and share their knowledge in the field.
- Are planning to attend the meeting in-person.
To apply for these opportunities please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of your research and why attending ISSABC would be beneficial for your career.
The Company of Biologists has sponsored a total of 8 travel grants
The Animal Behaviour Society has sponsored a total of 2 travel grants